scottsvb
(Weather Master)
Tue Jul 15 2008 03:49 AM
Re: Bertha Stalls SSE of Bermuda, Watching Two Other Things

Well I do agree that moving over warmer ssts will help...but they are "OK" right now around 27-28C. Thing with 94L is...the LLC was only partially at the surface...infact its still there..but its mostly a midlevel system. The LLC is becoming elongated E-W during the last 12-24hrs.. only thing I can think of is..dry air in the upper levels caping cloud tops near 30,000ft. The MLC is well defined...while the LLC is weak and elongated now. I really dont see more than a midlevel center moving into the eastern carribean by Thursday and haven't been thrilled about this system.

System (wave) I been watching over the eastern carribean is still there...weaker than 94L but should continue towards the W carribean south of Jamaica by later Tueday into Weds...still giving this a 3/10 chance....upper level winds in the NW carribean are too hostile to develop this..but is better south of 15N (which it will probably stay).

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center