weathernet
(Storm Tracker)
Wed Jul 16 2008 01:35 PM
Re: GOM...Close to Home

Yep, morning satellite certainly showing 94L's previous form. No doubt that a nice circulation exists at some level. Having been fooled once already on this one, i'll tame my own exhuberance regarding this mornings appearance, and await some much welcomed recon data. Not only will this shed some light on the status quo, but more importantly contribute some good data on the upper air. It seems appearant on satellite this morning that there is also some light to moderate N.W. shear either impacting 94L, or perhaps soon to impact the system. That said, if 94L continues its fairly quick westward pace, than it may well catch up with a small upper high presently vacationing in the E. Caribbean.

The more I think about the past few days, and the curiosity of 94L not having developed when conditions appeared quite favorable, I am starting to think that perhaps the culpret was a "net" shear created by a faster low level easterly surge causing a low level center to out run any yet developed mid level. That, or perhaps the system as a whole was moving quick enough by the Easterly surge, that a greater "net" westerly shear had occured, and the system simply never quite developed its own upper anticyclone.

Hmmmm, think i'll go back and ponder some more....

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center