allan
(Weather Master)
Thu Jul 17 2008 03:35 PM
Re: Continuing to Watch Bertha, East of Caribbean and Northeast Gulf

Agreed, been preaching on 94L on wunderground but there downcasting it lol. I still believe 94L has a chance along with 95L in the Carribean. 94Ls circulation was great this morning, but now it seems to be looking ragged again due to land interaction with South America. Once it passes this area, I give it another chance for formation. I believe the Hurricane Hunters are flying into these two systems, these missions should not be canceled. Shear is strong to the north (20-40 knots) so to keep them going, they HAVE to move due west! The East Coast low looks a bit interesting, reminds me of Andrea. The Euro develops it into a Hurricane after leaving the coastline, on the 12z run, it might have a weak TS. The GFS shows the low moving up the coastline into NY. So I guess we'll see what happens...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center