weathernet
(Storm Tracker)
Thu Jul 17 2008 10:47 PM
Re: Focus on Low off Georgia Coast

If this were August, Sept. , or October, I'd be a little more bullish on faster development with this low off the N. Florida coast. If steering was weaker and it could buy more time, i'd think it might be the most likely prospect for development. As for 94L, seems arc clouds shooting out to its west and northwest, and I see nothing of a circulation. That said, and including newly designated 96L, I still think that the best near term chance for any development, may come from what will be some ugly conglomeration of what remains in the W. Caribbean in the next couple of days.

Lots of sputtering systems, but no development; and yet we need to remind ourselves that this is "July". Am simply impressed at the appearant ease of so many systems even trying to spin up. Where convective consistantcy and organization has been an issue, we are seeing some pretty impressive waves, most of which are having little trouble at least trying to develop some low to mid level rotation.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center