craigm
(Storm Tracker)
Sun Jul 20 2008 11:52 PM
Attachment
Re: TS Dolly Heads Toward Cozumel, Cristobal Drifts NE, Bertha Now Extratropical

When in doubt break the 85ghz out. See attached file Excuse me - in this case it was 89 ghz - more complete pass

What I see here peering through the crap is possibly two areas that could consolidate as the center. The first one is around 20.2N;82.5W the other at 20N; 80W Dark blues are low clouds that return lower brightness temps that you would expect at or near the center of a storm - no water particles to reflect.. Similar spectrum as land. This image is 5 hours old. The fix at 5:00 Pm was 18.9N 85.0 west. So I'm placing the center N and E of that fix.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center