weathernet
(Storm Tracker)
Mon Jul 21 2008 02:06 AM
Re: TS Dolly Heads Toward Cozumel, Cristobal Drifts NE, Bertha Now Extratropical

Actually Craig, I think that by the time you and others read this post, you might agree that rather than a "sucker hole", that a newly forming center may well be at 20.2N and 85.0W. My guess is that the low level center might be sliding under the CDO that has been persisting over the mid level center. Now that the ULL has filled some and certainly moved to the southwest, a significant alignment may be further improving. If in fact I am correct, on what may be a relocated position in the next package, I do not beleive this would be indicative of any major shift in forecast, but perhaps allow the models to better initialize current positon. I beleive the net result will be for an increase in battery and water shipments to the Texas coast, than what previously thought earlier today.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center