typhoon_tip
(Meteorologist)
Mon Jul 21 2008 04:22 AM
Re: TS Dolly Heads Toward Cozumel, Cristobal Drifts NE, Bertha Now Extratropical

Quote:

agree with a few others on here... i think... and this is based on cancun radar and sats (if you look at the loop in the last few hrs.. looks like the center may have reformed just ne of cozumel, MX... cuz the radar data is low there.. closer to the radar scan)..... putting cancun under the gun more... my thought was the farther north away from the affects of the ULL to the west would be a better chance of getting its act together... from the surface to upper levels... which would let the convection blossom more and spiral out... giving it a shot at forming a better structure.... plus dolly is in the southern part of the loop current.. so the fuel is there... i just think the conditions in the SW GOM will support a strong system, once it clears the yucatan in the morning...

**side note.. AF Recon is over Charleston, SC at 24kft headed to Cristobal** I think Cristobal finally hit the Gulf Stream this evening

It seems we have a slightly vertically tilted system. The mid-level circulation is even somewhat more NE of the low level "apparent" relocation. It makes sense that this would take place given to the shear imparted by the TUTT pulling west.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center