MikeCAdministrator
(Admin)
Mon Jul 21 2008 06:35 PM
Re: Cristobal Out to Sea, Dolly in Gulf, Questions

Quote:

Nice image...

The IR channel at TPC is indicating a rather shredded looking Dolly this mid-day, though. Despite some of the discussion points being made by all...I am bemused to note there is still a TUTT presence near the lower BOC area, and this I think I'll have to admit is effecting Dolly still more than we and NHC previously believed.

If you go here, http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/flt/t2/loop-avn.html, and then click the wind overlays you can really detect that taking place. Hard to say what's in store for the next 24 hours, but this feature is supposed to be fully pulling away.

I've been looking like crazy for the reason for Dolly not really getting itself together and that's about the best reason I've seen yet. Thanks for pointing that out. It has probably pushed the center reformations yet. I hope this sticks around as it will keep Dolly weaker.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center