LoisCane
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Mon Aug 04 2008 04:08 AM
Re: Tropical Storm Edouard Forms in Gulf of Mexico Tropical Storm Warnings up in Louisiana

Edouard looks weak and shows badly on satellite imagery. There is an exciting pulse of convection but it is not where the storm is supposed to be. Run this loop and click on the points and you will see it is far to the south.

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/flt/t2/sloop-avn.html

On the other hand if the storm reformed under this ball of convection we could have a whole new ball game. A stronger storm, more put together and that would allow for some real intensification. Note I carefully said "real" not "rapid" as there is a rush to use that word these days.

It is a Tropical Storm but looks more like a depression turning into a storm to my eyes. Still coming together.

11pm discussion was not that conclusive as to the end game.

If Edouard was as neatly wound as that Atlantic Wave (99) then I would worry more on how high he could ramp up.

Storms forming in the Gulf close in have to be watched carefully and can the situation can change fast. There is no real time to prepare unless it stalls. NHC has it moving slowly west and hopefully that will help move it along. As a lot of Gulf Coast cities will be to it's north there is a chance that many areas can get a lot of weather.

This is a tropical Storm still and we need not to look at an "eye" like path or point but a whole area of weather that may develop into something stronger but for now it is a Tropical Storm, barely and still pulling itself together.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center