MikeCAdministrator
(Admin)
Mon Aug 04 2008 06:14 PM
Re: Tropical Storm Edouard Forms in Gulf of Mexico Tropical Storm Warnings up in Louisiana

Quote:

Call me crazy but we have a probable tropical storm which could become a catagory 1 hurricane....and there are no comments? By this time in the past....there would be lots of folks following the progression. I am a lurker since '04 and have learned much from the experts and quasi-experts on the site....where are you all now?

Edouard isn't going to do much, it's chances for becoming a hurricane are running out very quickly, it'll likely bring some rain and a bit of wind. The catch is (from newer visible satellite photos) it may be trying to organize again, so I still think people should prepare for a category 1.

When things like that (it seems Texas is not a big a draw as the east coast for reasons I really don't understand either) things are quiet. After 2004 and 2005 cfhc went into a permanent lockdown.

EditI moved further site discussion over here

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center