Mike V
(Weather Watcher)
Sun Aug 10 2008 06:29 PM
Re: Say hey Fay (time to play)

Quote:

Next guy/Last guy--I don' t know exactly how the system will emerge or what it will look like exactly. If I had to bet on the second area the NHC has highlighted, would guess that it's almost part of a monsoon trough feature on the ITCZ, and that the larger wave to the east will overtake it. Regardless something should consolidate out of that area, and develop like one of those huge-sprawling, slow-revving systems. I'd expect this one to be a large, long-track hurricane. Should track more to the north, but still come grazing the Lesser Antilles around the start of the following week... and have a huge, swelling ridge to the north. It isn't set in stone yet, but there's a good probability that cut-off troughiness in the Mississippi/Lower Ohio Valley, with u/a ridging consolidating over the Northeast/Mid-Atlantic, could drive this system into the East Coast late that week. Mind, I'm talking about just beyond ten days from now... this is speculative and will require a couple days more of model runs to really take seriously.

sorry to quote the entire thing, but looking at the GFS run, it bears this scenario out exactly.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center