scottsvb
(Weather Master)
Mon Aug 11 2008 02:16 PM
Re: Ramp Up in Activity

I'll be kinda brief on this, but I have seen this year the models after 72hrs been off on strength of a system this year, especially the GFS. Tracks have done well, but time after time again we see a hurricane in 96-144hrs and it doesnt happen or its delayed. Eduardo was a exception but also home grown and the models probably had a better idea on something forming closer to home.

Until we get a TD, I wouldnt say or think how strong a system will be. After 72hrs module runs seem to change dramatically in strength a system might get, they might of shown a hurriane in 96 hrs but almost nothing 2 runs later.

Right now with 92L, it may never develop into more than a weak TS if at all due to dry air! Same with 93 L as dry air gets between the 2 systems. I think 92ls chance is better after 5 days in the S.E Bahamas., but dont believe the models strength after 72hrs.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center