KC
(Weather Hobbyist)
Sat Aug 16 2008 07:31 PM
Re: Center reforming?

To StrmTrckrMiami - watch what you ask for... it's not a fun experience! That said (and this should probably be in the other forum about local conditions), I hope this helps:

1. Check the Lee Co. Emergency Mgt. website for info about mandatory evacuation areas. There is a link on the main page. When you live in Florida, this is important information! If you are out anywhere today, pick up a copy of a hurricane guide. If not, check the Nbc-2 or News-Press websites.
2. Renter's insurance - too late now. All insurance companies stop writing coverage as soon as there is a named storm.
3. Can't answer that for you. We don't have a definite path and I don't know anything about your windows or the area you live in. Check with the management company or neighbors who have lived there for a while.
4. Get that hurricane guide fast if you don't have the supply list - water, non-perishable foods, flashlights, batteries, weather radio, etc. Again, if you don't have a guide, check the nbc-2 website or that of any of the local stations.
5. No; you never have 100% certainty until it's over top of you. There are many uncertainties and it may take another 24 hours for the path to become more certain (though never 100%).

I suggest that you do your homework quickly. Good luck!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center