lunkerhunter
(Storm Tracker)
Sat Aug 16 2008 07:48 PM
Re: Center reforming?

Lucky for me, we have a pretty decent standing apartment complex called Reflections that we live in, and according to them the structure holds up well. We live on the third floor

CHARLEY WAS NOT A DIRECT HIT ON FORT MYERS SO "ACCORDING TO THEM" DOESN'T MATTER.

1) In the case this storm gets bad, where can I find information on if we are in an evacuation route.

YOU SHOULD PICK UP A LOCAL HURRICANE PLANNER AT ANY OF THE SUPERMARKETS. ALSO PAY ATTENTION TO LOCAL TV & RADIO

2) i do not have renters insurance, but if I get some, can this cover any damage?

INSURANCE COMPANIES WON'T ISSUE IT SINCE THE STORM IS CLOSE.

3) Should we board up any windows even though were on the 3ed floor?

POSSIBLY. WINDS ARE STRONGER AT HIGHER ELEVATIONS (3RD FLOOR VS 1ST FLOOR) BUT THE APT COMPLEX MIGHT NOT ALLOW THIS.

4) What types of supplies should we stock up on?

YOU SHOULD PICK UP A LOCAL HURRICANE PLANNER AT ANY OF THE SUPERMARKETS.

5) Is the NHC 100% sure were going to get this storm?

NO. CURRENTLY THERE IS A 9% CHANCE FORT MYERS WILL GET HURRICANE FORCE WINDS BUT EVERYONE IN THE WIDE CONE SHOULD BE PREPARED. LOOK AT THE CONE, NOT THE LINE.

SEE THIS LINK http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh/MIAPWSAT1+shtml/161435.shtml

I'd like to add that Lee County, Florida certainly has been getting strange weather this year.

ACTUALLY IT'S BEEN FAIRLY NORMAL.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center