Storm Hunter
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Sun Aug 17 2008 07:32 PM
Attachment
Re: Fay Continued, Hurricane Watches Extended Northward

I'm getting a little nervous looking at the new model trends. Especially since Fay is not really vertically stacked yet. Her core is still kinda weak. Which a weaker system i would move a little farther west. Seeing the bams suite have been west of the guidence for the last two days, while the NOGAPS has been on the left side too?? Cuba is a good thing and a bad thing right now, i think.. Close to land keeps it from developing a good core and outflow. But keeps more westerly before turning north?

G-IV is about an 1hr into its mission almost due east of Miami. The AF recon is right along the coast of Cuba flying wnw.

i attached an image

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center