Hugh
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Sun Aug 17 2008 11:16 PM
Re: Green Light

Quote:

You aren't the only one, the Hurricane Center has done a good job so far with this maddening system, Masters over at underground nicknamed it the Joker, and it is pretty fitting. I think the Hurricane Center has a good grip on it, but that angle of approach is similar to Charley, and it just leaves a wide open area where the storm could impact.

The concern I have, Mike, is that with a stalled storm, traditionally, ALL bets were off. If I remember correctly, Charley stalled for a time off the coast, ramped up, and then shifted to a completely new and unexpected track, taking out Punta Gorda. Years ago, Hurricane Elana stalled and did an about face, then did a loop-de-loop. A tropical system that isn't moving is about the most unpredictable thing in the world, I've found from experience.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center