dem05
(User)
Mon Aug 18 2008 04:19 AM
Re: Green Light

Hi all. Sorry for being a stranger. I have been in the Midwest for the floods for quite some time...and I am still here. Fortunately, I got the house mostly hurricane ready prior to leaving and my firends helped me do the rest this weekend just in case Fay is making a direct impact in Port Charlotte.

I've been looking at the satellite and Cuban Radar out of Pico San Juan tonight. On satellite, it looks like some re-formation may be occuring. However, I am going with what I see on radar. I agree with the NHC that the circulation is elongated. Also, based on the radar, it does not look like there is a center reformation. By all appearances, the center is still to the SW of the main convection and thunderstorms. As for the rotation of the tunderstorms, it is at the mid levels. This system appears to be somewhat de-coupled (i.e. the surface and the mid levels are definately not stacked). This should limit intensification somewhat tonight. I believe Fay will remain a tropical storm until landfall in Cuba. If the shear is less in the eastern Gulf the opportunity will be there for a Cat 1 hurricane.

I hope all in the Penninsula are p[reparing for the possibility of a hurricane. Take care! :-)

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center