Brad in Miami
(Storm Tracker)
Mon Aug 18 2008 06:28 AM
Not surprising

Not surprising given the limited data and fact that recon will still be out there for a while, but 2am does not shed much light on the questions people are throwing around.

Even if the NHC is asking some of the same questions some people on this board are now asking - and it's possible NHC is not because it has concluded the LLC's motion is essentially on track - I don't think it would have been wise to mention that in the 2am advisory without the recon data or visible images. The potential to confuse the public by raising those possibilities when the answers in the 5am or 11am could just be that the forecast track is essentially unchanged would be, in my opinion, too great.

But I am curious to read what you all think as the night progresses, and of course eager to see recon data.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center