Storm Hunter
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Mon Aug 18 2008 07:48 AM
Attachment
Re: dropsonde in center

I think thats why the G-IV is up right now... they just flew a very long mission less than 12 hrs ago... at last check they were near 28.0N 75.0W. I think that High off the east coast is throwing a monkey into things! ):

but with the beating Fay took over night... i not sure that mid level center will hold coming off Cuba?... wow... all i see is a BIG headache in the morning at the NHC!

by the way, recon went back through the "center" and are flying right down the coast.. i think i might have seen a lower pressure of 1003mb? see attached image of how close we are off there coast... amazing!

New GPS Dropsonde in... at the end of the flight pic i attached... 1005mb.. man were dropping $3,000 dropsondes on Cuba's doorstep.. hehe

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center