WeatherNut
(Weather Master)
Mon Aug 18 2008 02:29 PM
Re: Fay crossing

"I used the term "relocate" because if a position at 2 a.m. is at 81.1 and then at 5 a.m. is 80.9, it cannot be "moving" north-northwestward as the second one is farther east than the first. It was not meant to be sarcastic, but to state the truth as per the positions given. Either the storm had to be relocated, or it is moving east of north but not moving north-northwest with the relocation. "

I am using the above quote from another site since it sums up completely that a relocation happened. Just because the NHC doesn't say 'relocate' or 'jump' does not mean it didn't happen. I will agree to disagree on the details. Its been a very healthy discussion (and I will soon be paying the price for being up till 3am waiting for the advisory...cant say we are not dedicated)

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center