Storm Hunter
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Wed Aug 20 2008 02:05 AM
Attachment
Re: Hurricane Watches up for North Florida, Georgia as Tropical Storm Fay Moves North Northeast

Well... well.. well... Fay is about 20 Miles from the Atlantic... and to me she's not going to make it to the Cape/MLB.. exit... instead she should exit somewhere north near Sebastian, Fl. to palm bay... Which should put her closer to the gulf stream off the SE Florida coast which is warmer than what would be north of the Cape. WHAT has Impressed me is her inner core sturcture has held for over 16 hrs now.. VERY IMPRESSIVE given the dry air around her and the weak shear she had to over come. Interesting to note in the 00Z runs that after the turn to the left.. some of the models that go into GA, actually take another left towards the GOM from southern AL/GA... as a weak low. Another stronger High builds in over the great lake region late this weekend, into next week.

It almost looks like in the last half hr.. her east side of the coc is opening up... dry air? in about an hr.. i tracked her on radar to travel about 7 miles. which i calculate her to exit the coast in 4-6 hrs from now.. it the current heading speed holds.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center