Storm Hunter
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Wed Aug 20 2008 03:56 AM
Re: fay heading seaward

well looks like fay will be back over water in about 2-3hrs... she's about 15 miles from where i think she will exit.. coc is about to cross the I-95 area, just SW of Sebastian, Fl area. I think it may take some time for the inner core to build back up.. i do however see storms of the gulf stream building up in feeder bands. So its not out of the question there is good chance she will build back up... I think it will take sometime however. 12-24hrs plus.

To show the coc in 3D i made this radar cut about 10:45pm CDT 3D of Fay crossing I-95 with a collapse on the eastern side of coc. *note* in the center of the image... its not an eye... Fay doesn't have one no more.. its a Center of Circulation with an open/dry area on the east side.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center