MikeCAdministrator
(Admin)
Wed Aug 20 2008 06:55 PM
Re: Fay Over Cape Canaveral

Here's a note from Ed Dunham:

At 2PM Tropical Storm Fay was located 10 miles east of Port St. John over the Cape - and stationary. For the next 12 to 24 hours Fay will move little if at all - perhaps a slow drift to the north or northwest. Many streets and entire subdivisions are flooded - and they will stay that way for at least another 24 hours - probably more. If you don't have an emergency, please stay off the road - some of the roads are so badly flooded that you cannot tell where the drainage ditches are. If you have any reports of conditions in your area, I'll be glad to pass them on in these storm updates. Stay safe - and dry!

Almost all of Lake Washington Road is flooded. Lake Washington itself has
now expanded east of the water treatment plant. The water has no place to
go. Rainfall in our area is now at 14" with 16" in Satellite Beach.
Deerwood Trail and Wilderness Lane are completely covered with water as is
Harlock Road. Most of Wickham Road, Jon Rodes Blvd, Parkway and Country
Lane are all under water. Quite a mess - and its almost continuous heavy
rain - I've never seen anything like this in my lifetime. The National
Guard is rescuing folks from their homes on Jon Rodes and on the western end
of Lake Washington Road.
ED

Reports from Satellite Beach:
Nearly all East-West streets have flooding at their intersection with So. Patrick Dr (the west end of the roads). The worse is Ocean Blvd & So. Patrick (where the Chevron station/convenience store is near the So. base exit). there is actually moving water w/a heavy current along the ditch crossing over Ocean blvd. Ocean Blvd. is completely flooded for 2 blocks. In Sat. Bch. proper - Jackson Ave & Park Ave & Desoto Pkwy- nearly 4 blocks under deep water; Sea Park Blvd, Cassia Blvd, Cinnamon Ave have 2 blocks underwater. And it's still raining heavily.

I now have a mote ¾ around my townhome in Satellite Beach and can see from the upstairs that the parking lot of the Quik Mart is flooded, as is the adjacent street.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center