doug
(Weather Analyst)
Thu Aug 21 2008 08:11 PM
Re: Fay Loves Central Florida

Well Fay is definitely on the move. My guess is due west at about 10mph just based on radar comparison over the last 4-5 hours. It is beginning to grab Gulf moisture and develop some feeders: one major feeder is entering over Lee County; a secondary is over Sarasota County and yet another near Tampa. I would not expect loss of storm status due to the transition into the GOM. Unfortunately I can foresee redevelopment of precipitation to the south of the COC and it will drag that large body of rain to its east along with it, so the portions of the peninsula already floating will get more and portions of the state not impacted with too much rain yet may yet some decent rain as Fay moves further to the west. The NHC continues to remind us the environment is favorable for reorganization when it gets into the GOM as long as the land interaction lessens. If the track is more to the due west as I suspect the chances of that increase.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center