allan
(Weather Master)
Fri Aug 22 2008 12:06 AM
Re: Fay Loves Central Florida

Fay sure does love Florida. I have been working today but it was a nice cloudy day, so business was good. The eye came in around 11 a.m. and looks to be moving out and now the worst of Fay has yet to come which is puzzling people here. There were people that told me that the storm is over, what they didn't know was that the eye was large and moving slow. Think they went ahead and canceled schools once again due to rain and wind and possible tornadoes as the eastern part of Fay starts in a few hours. Got my generator ready, had some power flicking on and off last night. Lots of people in Palm Coast and Flagler Beach did in fact lose power, some trees and power lines down, and fences in my area were destroyed. Now I looked at the 8 p.m. advisory and saw that Fays pressure dropped which indicates that it's somehow strengthening, just doesn't want to quit lol. Hopefully it will weaken soon and not strengthen on land like it did in South Florida. I'll keep you all updated on the conditions here as good as I can.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center