JoshuaK
(Weather Guru)
Thu Aug 28 2008 09:30 PM
Re: Tropical Storm Hanna Forms Northeast of Leewards, Gustav Moving Erratically, Strengthening

Quote:

is it me or did they place a 1008mb low in the BOC with that convection?

Nope, not just you. I see it there too. And I can see some circulation within the convection in some of the lower clouds, but no sign of upper level circulations though. In any case this is Invest 96L, and appears to be moving in a slow NNW direction for the time being.

The center of Gustav appears to be on the southern coast of central Jamacia, continuing to move west. The circulation center of Hannah appears to be displaced to the west of the convection, I was curious if the ULL to the west of the system would impart either shear or other conflict with the storm, and this appears to be happening now.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center