Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Fri Aug 29 2008 04:33 AM
Re: parade time

Hanna looks better at this point than Gustav. Looks like the shear has relaxed quite a bit earlier than the NHC had predicted...but she does looks a lot more organized than she did at 5pm.
Gustav, on the other hand, is interacting with Jamaica and looks like he is struggling..although maybe not for long...unless he decides to hit all the resorts along that lovely island which may throw a monkey wrench into the whole Gustav/Hanna scenario.
I made mention to someone else tonight...I have never seen anything out in the tropics like I have seen tonight. I thought 2004 was bad -- and I went through 3 different storms within weeks of each other..but I hope that people are not forgetting about Hanna. I will mention this as a precaution:
Three things are going to be the central focus on the news the next week or so: a) Gustav appearing to have his sights set on N.O.; b) the Labor Day weekend may have some people thinking that all is well all over the place EXCEPT for N.O. even with the "cone of error"; c) we have a lot of politics going on right now.
All of us need to make sure we pay very close attention to all of the tropical traffic going on out there. Please make sure that you have your hurricane plans in place if you don't already...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center