allan
(Weather Master)
Sat Aug 30 2008 05:01 PM
Attachment
Re: Eyewall Replacement

I am starting to believe that Hanna is going to be a headache for me, the path is starting to become a bit clearer but still hard to track. Gustav is most likely a category 4 storm now with winds of probably 130-140 mph. It's northward movement is putting the Cayman Islands in the eye. I know Gustav will lose a bit of power while crossing Cuba, but I'm really inclined to believe Fox News and it's something that I have been predicting for a few days that Gustav will possibly reach category 5 intensity right after crossing Cuba, then it should start to slowly weaken due to northwesterly shear. I have made my runs last night on both Hanna and Gustav and still sticking to the tracks yet Gustav is a category 3 storm, not a 1 as it says on the attachment. So far it's holding good, but anything can change. Hanna on the other hand, I might have to nudge my track eastward on the 2nd run if the models begin the "eastward" trend. Something tells me I need to go to the store this week to buy some stuff. Please click attachments for my run on Gustav.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center