Bloodstar
(Moderator)
Sat Aug 30 2008 06:47 PM
Re: Gustav a Major Hurricane, Hanna Moving West

have to say I think it has trended about 10 degrees right of the track, which isn't a big difference, however when you're dealing with a major storm, it changed dramatically who's going to be impacted. (again people shouldn't just look at the line, look at the entire cone and keep prepared!)

That being said, the lated HH has the pressure down to around 939mb as of 2:35. so the storm is still Intensifying Rapidly. It's getting close to Cuba, so the intensification has to stop soon, but it still has another few hours before the land interaction will disrupt the storm. I just hope Cuba's ready for this one. I don't know if people expected it to be quite this strong as it headed north.

The next 3 days, I think the NHC has a good handle on things, and being slightly off is to be expected (5 day errors of 300 miles is average, remember). Anyone from Houston to Mobile has to keep an eye on this thing. and if I were in the Florida panhandle and on the Texas coast south of Houston, I'd still be watching closely in case something unexpected does happen.

Good luck to everyone in the path.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center