berrywr
(Weather Analyst)
Sat Aug 30 2008 10:40 PM
Re: NNW Wobble

I looked at this same trend early this morning and noted during the past 24 hours it is NNW and currently on a direct line to the Bootheville, LA; the mouth of the Mississippi River. My biggest concern for New Orleans is Gustav's forward speed and when the upper ridge is likely to be in place over the NE US and able to steer Gustav more westward of it's current vector. Any slight deviation to the right and this is the worse case scenario for New Orleans given the topography and the amount of water Gustav is likely to pile up in that area. My prayers are with Abbeville and all the South Central LA coast; and hope this time everybody gets out of the way. I live in the Auburn-Opelika, Alabama and we received 6 inches of rain from Fay; we don't need any gale force winds, or any part of Fay's track last week getting any high winds, but that pales to our neighbors to our SW. To those of you down there, we will be thinking of you for the foreseeable future; Godspeed to all of you.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center