JoshuaK
(Weather Guru)
Mon Sep 01 2008 08:25 PM
Re: Gustav Approaching Louisiana, Hanna Slowly Drifting Westward

I think Gustav is pretty much done for. 5PM advisory will probably take him down to 75-80 mph sustained winds at the most.

Hanna continues to improve in her organization, and I wouldn't be suprised if and when it does make landfall, it would do so as a Category 2, maybe even a Cat 3 storm. Remember, there is the Gulf steam to provide warm water for the storm along the US East coast.

I'm pretty sure based on organization that TD9 will be upgraded to Tropical Storm Ike at 5PM as well, this storm bears watching as well, it looks like it may take a similar path to Hanna getting in torwards the Bahamas.

And the wave off of Africa looks like it could become TD10 as early as 5PM, again based on satellite presenation.

A lot going on right now in the tropics.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center