berrywr
(Weather Analyst)
Tue Sep 02 2008 06:02 AM
Re: Please help me make sense of Hanna

The problem with all these models is all those different tracks and what you're looking at for your location is at least 48 hours away, and I wouldn't be surprised that you don't see a tropical storm watch or a hurricane watch when Hannah begins to get moving and is within 48 hours of the coast. That said, as concerned as you may be, these people are very, very good at what they do. If NHC felt your area was to be threatened they'd issure something by now. There is alot of activity going on right now, and Ike is 5 days away from taking up residence where Hannah is now and if the long range models bear out, it too will be in the GOM in a week. I counted six systems out there, two weren't tropical, but everybody simply has to trust that the NHC knows what they're doing and will notify us when it's time. We have the technology to see the same information they do, but we don't have the experience to analyze and have the resources made available to us like they do. Problem with so many models is, alot of information. Why do you think a site like this exist in the first place? Think of what life was like before all of this and didn't have the information to look at yourself!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center