weathernet
(Storm Tracker)
Tue Sep 02 2008 01:54 PM
Re: TD#10 Forms in East Atlantic, Hanna Slowly Drifting, Ike Moving, West, Gustav Over Land

No doubt, with the climactic degree of tropical cyclone development occuring, there likely is going to be even greater motion and steering uncertaintly created by other evolving tropical cyclones. At the risk of forum policy regarding "chat", I will address a good question regarding Ike's motion possibly impacting Hanna's. It is correct that an eastward approaching tropical cyclone ( depending on intensity and size ), would tend to act as a "rudder" and steer the more westward tropical cyclone in a more westward direction. This is due to the added cyclonic mid level flow accompanying it, however I do not believe such will be be the case with Ike and Hanna, and in this case the very strong progged height rises that are forecasted to steer Ike towards the west, are likely to be the eventual mechanism to sooner steer Hanna before Ike's influence would likely make it to Hanna's longitude. I'll share my own further thoughts however in the Forecast Lounge, if anyone would like to grab a cigar or glass of wine and join me there.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center