scottsvb
(Weather Master)
Tue Sep 02 2008 03:22 PM
Re: TD#10 Forms in East Atlantic, Hanna Slowly Drifting, Ike Moving, West, Gustav Over Land

I was watching Joe Bastardi last night on FoxNews. I really dont know why they have him on there due to all his Wrong forecasts. I love Joe, so dont get me wrong, but he takes a system, makes a guess at where it may go, then hypecasts and guesscasts his forecast into meteorolgical terms that just dont make real sense. Like Fay, first he said Caronlinas, then Panhandle, then after crossing the state, back to Carolinas, then NE gulf towards Mobile as a hurricane. Then Gustav, Carolinas,Florida, then Central La-MX, then back to LA within 36hrs of obvious landfall. Hanna, Carolinas (like every storm he starts with almost) and says Hanna will be a Cat 4 to Bill O'rielly of Fox News, and stronger than Gustav and pressure under 950mb.
Again I love watching Joe, cause hes good entertainment, but I dont see how he can say that on national tv about a Cat 4 coming to the Carolinas (ForSure he says). I wouldnt of said that, but I would of said it could be from Florida-Caronlinas and we wont know forsure until it starts moving and we get better data in, could be a Cat 1-Cat3 but a 4 with under 950mb? Not impossible, but I would of held off on that. LOL.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center