native
(Weather Guru)
Tue Sep 02 2008 04:50 PM
Re: TD#10 Forms in East Atlantic, Hanna Slowly Drifting, Ike Moving, West, Gustav Over Land

What I find interesting with Hanna is this:

The NHC's 5 day track (as of 11am) is the most eastern outlier.

Model outputs from WU website

I'm not saying anything one way or the other. I know these have and will continue to move until Hanna can get her act together a bit better. I just thought it was interesting.

My guess however is that NHC isn't going to tweek their track very much for now until they are more certain that the left (south) movement of the models is more of an actual trend.

This all ofcourse is dependent upon if she (Hanna) can even hold herself together until Gustav's outflow pulls up and away and what happens with that nice mass of dry air to her north.

As an aside, I know many times (especially with Gustav after he came off the coast of Cuba) there was lots of chatter on here about "I think it's east of the forecast path" "Is it me or does it seem to be wobbling more north" etc., etc.

But, alas, they (NHC) got it right yet again. Just goes to reitterate to us all not to focus on the points but the entire cone instead.

I personally think NHC has done a bang up job and have absolute confidence in them.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center