JoshuaK
(Weather Guru)
Tue Sep 02 2008 07:34 PM
Re: Please help me make sense of Hanna

I wouldn't be suprised if Hanna made landfall on Haiti the way she has been acting, and I don't anticipate strengthening anytime soon for even if she does start moving NW again she'll be tracking back over the waters that she's been over, so she'll be trying to draw off of upwelled cooler waters. I also wonder if Ike is traveling over this area how it may affect him when he gets to Hanna's previous area. Heck, we may even have a collision between these two storms if Hanna's stays parked there long enough.

Speaking of Ike, he's looking pretty good, but he needs more convection torwards the center than what he has to really get going.

Josephine is looking good, and might prolly start strengthening soon methinks.

And if that wave at 15N 10W comes off the African coastline looking like it is now, we'll probably have an instant classification of Tropical Storm Kyle.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center