Hugh
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Tue Sep 02 2008 11:59 PM
Re: Hanna, Ike, Josephine - oh my

Quote:

I don't think two storms will hit at the same time... but I think it's definitely possible for parts of Florida to be in two separate 5-day cones at the same time.

Sorry I misread the earlier post. Not only is that possible, it's probable, tomorrow or Thursday. Ike's 5-day cone will likely include the SE portion of the state by then, and Hanna will likely still be around, too. In that case, we would have the same portion of the state in two separate 5-day cones at the same time. The "follow the leader" scenario outlined by some models a few days ago is playing itself out, it would seem.

Edit: Just looked at the tropical storm force wind potential graphics on NHC site..The entire South Atlantic Ocean is just about in a cone for tropical storm force winds in the next 5 days, from Cape Verde, west to Florida.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center