LoisCane
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Wed Sep 03 2008 11:53 AM
Re: Hanna, Ike, Josephine - oh my

Track is often easier to figure than timing and intensity.

It's not that I don't think Hanna will bounce up again I just think it may take longer than planned as she has gone further south than planned, stayed there longer and has had a lot of interaction with Haiti. Yes, it will pull together but it will take a little bit longer. That throws off the plan if you ask me.

Ike is hauling, steady like so they have to at some time catch up especially as Hanna has to go North a bit.

Ike is far away still... could do the Carib still if it goes WSW under the high but think it's more a lock on Florida or ... eww the Keys... .

Just a note on the WV the dip is pushing to the SE and not abating so I don't see how Hanna gets up and makes a run for anything just yet.

She never made it west enough to bounce up the west side of the diving trough/ULL feature.

http://hadar.cira.colostate.edu/ramsdis/online/trop_ge_wv_ls_0.html

Which I still think is the bigger problem here..and will that be gone FOR SURE by the time Ike gets here. I am beginning to wonder..

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center