Sheeper
(Weather Hobbyist)
Thu Sep 04 2008 12:28 AM
Re: Hanna Still Stalled, Ike Moving West

So on tuesday morning, i left New Orleans and drove home to florida seeing Hanna and ike (and that NOLA was in pretty good shape). The NOLA and Baton Rouge areas were a mess BUT there was not the devastation that we saw with katrina nor damage from a Cat 4/5 that we feared. NOLA dodged a bullet.

Though we do not anticipate a significant impact from Hanna in central and south florida, some EOCs are going to a level 2 on thursday nite......just in case. So i'll have slept in 2 different EOCs for 2 different storms within the same week. A personal record! Hanna should bring a breeze and some rain but i think it will stay curved on up to the Carolinas.

What concerns me more is Ike. Projections show Ike reaching cat 3 or possibly cat 4 within 5 days and in striking distance of a south florida hit. Still too early to know BUT Ike bears careful watching and maybe some careful planning....

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center