WeatherNut
(Weather Master)
Wed Sep 10 2008 03:43 PM
Re: Forecast Points

Since last night I have observed a couple of things. The outer bands of cold cloud tops that were swirling around the center in 2 large globs have since all but disappeared. The coldest cloud tops are now closer to the center so Ike is bundling the energy closer in. Ike was undergoing an EWR when it hit Cuba the first time which it did not complete totally. I think what is happening is that the smaller eye is eroding in favor of a larger one. This was mentioned in the 11am discussion. Once the new and larger eye forms (and I have little doubt it will), I think we will see some rapid deepening. The question is does Ike do this in the time he has? This slow motion right now is just buying more time.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center