LoisCane
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Wed Sep 24 2008 11:38 PM
Re: Watching Disturbance off the Carolinas

My real question here is how has the forecasted track and intensity changed.

93 is looking red all of a sudden and 94 seems to be moving inland.. has the track changed if they both develop.

In Miami feels a lot like a coastal winter low or subtropical maybe. I know that's unscientific but for once I am not going to get hung up on a name. If this evolves into a subtropical it will .. it won't change what the weather conditions are and for NC and VA they are getting slammed either way with weather.

It's actually a very interesting set up to watch evolve. Tend to agree they can afford to wait a bit and see for sure as either way warnings and watches are up for high winds.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center