Storm Hunter
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Tue Jun 15 2010 05:55 AM
Re: Central Atlantic Wave Being Watched

hmm... see the 2am TWO now back to 50%... the overall structure at the surface and mid levels is getting better... but appears to me that the upper levels are causing the problems... it appeared that some drier air was "sucked" into the system yesterday on the southern side of 92L and caused some problems... appears there still about 20mph shear overhead... but more and stronger is ahead... before it appears that it should begin to weaken in about 48-72 hrs.... still trying to figure if this will go into carb or go north of islands... leaning towards an entrance into carib. as of the 00z data i have seen... will be interesting to see what happens today... as TWO states this could become a Tropical Depression later today... time will tell

I still think 92L is very close to TD status if not a TD in its organization. Clearly a center can be found on a Shortwave IR
http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/flt/t1/flash-ir2.html

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center