danielwAdministrator
(Moderator)
Tue Jun 15 2010 04:10 PM
92L and GOM?

While I don't recall seeing a better satellite photo of the LLC and MLC being stacked in the vertical I'll admit that 92L is staying under the radar , or "straddling the line" as you said. Lower level of development would lend to a closer approach of the system to the Lesser Antilles. It would also give the models a rough time with forecasts.

Closer to home. A weak trough in the Bay of Campeche appears to be consolidating. Yesterday's visible indicated a vortice on the western edge of the system. Presently there is a central area of thunderstorms and three strange looking bands separated by nearly 120 degrees around the system.
http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/gmex/loop-jsl.html

I'll call it a trough at this point after looking at the loop. It's definately an area to watch as the BOC is one of the preferred areas for June development... normally.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center