danielwAdministrator
(Moderator)
Wed Jun 23 2010 04:02 PM
93L and X92L

Visible satellite loop is showing two distinct vortices in the area.
93L located south of Haiti has a mass of low to mid level clouds over the COC.

X92L located just to the west of Jamaica is void of any central convection but still has a strong vortice that is visible on the loops.

I thought I saw both of these last night but IR isn't easy to pick out 3D objects.

I used the GHCC Visible 1 km page animation. Rotation is visible using a minimum of 3 images. Medium zoom and clink on the map just south of the Haitian Peninsula.

This may be why the Bam models are split with the others. One vortice will cross the Yucatan and the other goes toward the Northern GOM.

Heads up BP and the northern GOM. A popup storm will surprise you more than you think.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center