Hugh
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Fri Jun 25 2010 12:06 PM
Re: Wave in Central Caribbean May Develop Tomorrow

Quote:

The wave is still a mess this morning, if it develops I guess tonight or tomorrow would be the best guess. It still may not, and the overall thinking of Yucatan with a relatively weak system with a lot of rain hasn't changed all week.

It's a MUCH more impressive "mess" this morning. NHC has, as of the 8am TWO, upped it to 70% probability, and basically it's a matter of timing now. Early morning visible imagery isn't available yet on SSD to confirm the LLC is co-located with the ball of convection, but the infrared loop makes a pretty good case for calling this thing a depression at any time now, in my opinion. There's still a ton of disorganized convection away from the apparent LLC, but there's also a nice ball of convection right near it now. Given the NHC's new guidance this year on lead time of issuing tropical storm warnings, they would have already been issued if the thing had been named already. If recon DOESN'T find a closed LLC and at least a depression (possibly a storm), I'll be incredibly surprised... unless it falls apart before recon gets there.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center