Hugh
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Fri Jun 25 2010 09:53 PM
Re: 93L

Quote:

06/25/2010 09:25PM 3,473 invest_RENUMBER_al932010_al012010.ren

Offical time and date for the first tropical system of the season. Now we'll see if it starts as a Depression or a Storm. The numbers support a storm, but wouldn't be shocked if they start with a depression, the low level center seemed to be a bit elongated and might need a bit more time to really get together.

NRL is indicating ONE... on their "all storms" page. The actual front page still shows 93L but has no image associated with it anymore. so the "ONE" could just be a placeholder, since there have been numerous reports of winds 35kts+ in the vicinity of "Alex-To-Be".

I read somewhere that the NHC has issued a special advisory, but it's not on the NHC website yet, at least, not for me (sometimes my ISP caches stuff though, so it doesn't show up right away unless I do some tricks which I haven't tried yet...).

Model runs at 8pm will be VERY interesting... and the overnight runs even moreso. So much for a nice boring weekend!

Edit: Special Advisory is out on TD One.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center