Storm Hunter
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Sun Jun 27 2010 11:04 AM
Re: TD1 Upgraded to TS Alex as of 5 am ET

Thought so too but still there appears to be two sets of models to choose from... the left turn in BOC to landfall into MX or the right turn and landfall in the Gulf Coast... as of 6am CDT. Alex is about halfway across the landmass and should be make it into BOC later tonight. 00z GFS was a little concering... along with CMC 00z. I noticed a bend in the 00z GFDL... to me its appears there still a chance for Alex to get north... i thought the blocking would occur, but it appears to me it will just slow down Alex's forward speed and maybe leave a window open for alex to go further north then forecasted. I'm just not 100% confident on MX landfall after BOC. Until i see how Alex does returning into BOC late this evening.

PS: 4am disc. first paragraph is very detailing on how Alex is looking and doing!

IF THE RECENT NORTHWARD SHIFT IN THE
MODELS CONTINUES...THEN ALEX COULD REMAIN OVER WATER FOR THE NEXT 5
DAYS RESULTING IN A VERY POWERFUL HURRICANE.

did i mention i like when Capt. Stewart is working? lol

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center