hogrunr
(Weather Guru)
Fri Jul 02 2010 07:02 PM
Re: What's Next?

12z GFS, CMC, ECMWF and NAM continue to develop the wave that is exiting north off of South America. Landfall is currently at the end of the long range forecast, so many things can change between now and then, but I really hope this is not true. 1st because it is showing to come on shore in almost the exact same location as Alex, but even if this is not the case, just the general area would create even more flooding disasters than there currently are. Even being in Houston, we continue to get the onshore flow ever since Alex moved through and there is plenty of flooding in the area. 2nd I hope this doesn't happen because I have vacation on the Texas coast (Rockport) starting next Friday (168 hours away)

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center