berrywr
(Weather Analyst)
Sat Jul 03 2010 12:08 AM
Re: What's Next?

I've been looking at the Wind Shear analysis this evening...there's one remote shot that 95L might have to be taken seriously. There is an area of wind shear less than 10 knots that begins over South FL and extends southward through Cuba into the extreme western Caribbean and has been migrating northward. Winds over 95L are currently between 15 and 20 knots from the north. Now the bad news...wind shear rises dramatically from east to west becoming 30 knots near Mobile Bay, 40 knots over the MS River delta and LA and 50 knots near Houston, all from the north. I don't want everybody to get alarmed if recon runs a mission into the area for research. I grant you it's a pretty looking image on satellite and it will tests some nerves. I still believe the ECMWF is handling this system and that is a weak non-tropical low moving southwest and west in response to the upper ridge to it's north.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center