WesnWylie
(Weather Guru)
Thu Jul 22 2010 03:57 AM
Attachment
Re: Watching Two Systems

I have attached an infrared satellite image of 97L as of 0340. It looks to me that it is now in the process of trying to close off a low-level circulation. It helps if you play the loop from the link below. I think the NHC will up the chance for development from a code orange to a code red by the 8:00 a.m. EDT update, and that we will have a tropical depression tomorrow. I don't care for the Louisiana/Texas landfall that most of the models are painting, but we do need the rain in our area, just not the wind. Tomorrow will be the decider whether 97L will be something to closely monitor or not.

http://aviationweather.gov/adds/satellit...ig&itype=ir

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center